Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Yoga for Life

Last night i started reading a book about Yoga by Donna Farhi.  It hit a nerve.  I really am so looking forward to getting back into it in a bigger way than I have for some time.  About 6 years ago I used to be teacher manager at Triyoga, which is a massive yoga centre in Primrose Hill, London.  As part of the deal I got Yoga lessons for £1 and I went every lunch time and it had the most amazing effect on me.  I learned a whole lot about Yoga and the different styles of it and I just loved it.  I have to admit that I am proper evangelical about how amazing Yoga is.  Its so brilliant for you.  And the more you do it the more amazing it gets. 

And yet, I haven't really done much for a long time.  Obviously I don't have lunch hours with £1 Yoga classes in the same building anymore.....But I do have a little more time, now that my darling Bub is going to preschool.  And I just keep thinking about - well - how I want to be when I am proper old.  And I want to be a Yoga old person.  Strong, flexible, upright, open minded, compassionate, alive..... 

Speaking of preschool.  My Bub's first day today.  I am such a proud proud Mummy.  He is so very cool and clever and sweet.  He loved it and, hey, maybe they say nice things to all the mummies, I am sure they do, but I was totally and utterly chuffed to bits at how confident he was and how interested he was in everything and how he loved it there.  I am really pleased with my choice.  It was almost a non choice really, as I didn't go and see any others and none of the others I put his name down for, even got back to me.  But I love it there.  Its small, no more than 12 children at any time (today there were only five of them) all of the staff are trained to a good level (Preschool doesn't have to have 100% Qualified staff) and I like them all.  It has a great vibe about it.  My little boy.  So pleased with himself, 'Going to School like a big boy'

On the downside, I didn't call the Gallery back in time and the days work tomorrow afternoon has gone to someone else.  Not only that but they are looking for someone to do Fridays  - Bub's day off and the day I have arranged to look after M (3 yr old boy, son of a friend of mine) DAMMIT.  But am just hanging on to the idea that The Universe is ON MY SIDE and that there is a good reason for this.  Ideal outcome is that they call back and want someone for Sundays instead.  On going.....

You never know.

No comments: