Hello again. I just wanted to say that I have spent the last hour or so immersed in creating freely. I have totally and utterly had a lovely time and I feel happy inside. Inside my heart there has been some leaden feelings and they have been hard to shake off. Hello creative play! It so works.
I started out because i have entered into Louise Gale's Creative Colour Challenge. And so like me, I have missed the deadline. I have already received a delightful and delicate painting from Fur Will Fly and there's me, all in a huff and had forgotten all about it. So with this beautiful reminder that came so unexpectedly in the post (how totally awesome to receive an unexpected parcel?!) (FWF I am on the case, it will be coming your way soon!! I Promise!) I came upstairs this evening to create my piece. The theme is BLOOMING COMPLIMENTARY. Its bloom and complimentary colours. I chose green and red and started by cutting out green and read bits from a magazine. Then I got some green and red paint and made a bit of a mess on various bits of paper. FUN. And finally went for it. I have used the words Bloom True. Because this is the name of the workshop I will be doing with Flora Bowley at the Do What You Love retreat in May.
After the last few days, and my work load of late. I am so absolutely and utterly taking this time out to go and immerse myself in wild and free creative painting. Posting about Amelia's Journal Your Dreams workshop (and YES I am going to do it again!) earlier this evening, got me thinking about how I had used a photo of Flora painting in her studio as part of my Journal. And how she came to symbolise what I want to be as a painter and how I had journalled about wanting to find the time and space to CREATE. It all sort of came together with Beth inviting Flora to be one of the workshop leaders at her Do What You Love retreat. I felt that it was all a bit pricey for me, and my husband definately is not sure its something I should be spending the money on...... but I am sure. And the work that has come my way since, and this unexpected insurance payout.... and EVEN this horrible fit of the blues I have just gone through..... this finding the time and space to create is TOTALLY necessary to me.
So Bloom True. It was so good to create a piece that means so so much to me right now. In honor of all the magical coincidences and dream manifesting and creating community I have found here in the blogosphere....
Oh and I am going to be adding a new word to my WORD for 2011. SPACE. Its yoga and its about space for me to Bloom True to myself.
Later::: I just found this.... its just EXACTLY what I need to read just now....
2 comments:
you are so lucky to go paint with Flora! And good for you for feeding your soul with ART! It is the best!
xo
Great great stuff Moyra. It makes me happy reading this, such good choices. xx
Post a Comment