Tuesday, 12 April 2011

freaking out about paint

My kit list for the Do What You Love Retreat is very long.  And it includes A LOT of paint.  I have no idea about paint.  And its none of it cheap.  I so far seem to have made a list of just the paints I need and its amounting to about £400.  And then there is brushes and various stuff on top of that.  Its listed in ounces and just says acrylic.  But there are so many kinds of acrylic!  Fluid, in pots, in tubes.  And it says 3 different reds.  And 4 other colours you really love.  Which sounds find until you see just how many colours there are and you just don't really know the names of them.  I guess it perhaps doesn't matter, but when its going to cost £400 (at least!) it feels like it DOES matter.  I want to be as cheap as possible, without going so far as to spend a load of money on cheap paint and for it not to be worth doing in cheap paint.  If you see what I mean.  Hmm.  This painting mallarky is certainly outside of my comfort zone.  And a half.  And how am I going to order £400 worth of paint and bring it into our tiny house without it causing a ruckus.  Am freaking out.  FREAKIN. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow,thats some serious money on paint. I guess the kind of acrylic that they have in lidl isnt any good? It will be great anyway, enjoy yourself

Rebecca said...

Do you really need all that paint, can you source it cheaper than that. What about buying a little at a time and spread the cost? x