I have just started reading the Getting THings Done book by David Allen. And so far am loving it. I am delighted also to see that it totally has links with the yoga teacher training I am doing. He starts off talking about 'mind like water' and the 'zone' which the place where martial artists and top athletes go on about. And yes, its yoga. Its where the mind body and action all flow together and its a great feeling, being totally immersed in the doing of something. Total focus. Totally being present. Letting go of the mental chatter and all of that. No focus on the breath though, which Yoga obviously does. So it is different. But still, it makes a lot of sense. And then it has a practical solution to the whole mental chatter thing. In a very down to earth sort of way.
In my course yesterday the year 2's had been given a homework of doing 15 minutes of pranayama a day and reporting back as to how it affected them. Mainly they all felt much better, more productive and calmer. And it does seem like a good idea to spend 15 minutes of that time, we can waste thinking about 'how much we have to do and how we don't have 15 minutes to spare' clearing our minds and focusing on the breath. Clearing the head before the day. OR operating without a shed load of mental chatter having a big old go at you all day.
So. Am now going to go and have a nice hot bath, and go to bed. No more reading or writing on here or wandering aimlessly around the internet with no actual purpose!!
I have enjoyed my 'day off' from the 4 hour Body diet. I have mainy indulged in cereals and milk in tea and coffee. Not much of an indulgence really. Back on it tomorrow. I think I will go for one more week and see if I can call in at below 60kg. I was 58.7kg at the end of last week, which is down 2-3 kilos. Not bad in 2 weeks. No noticable difference to the tummy flab however! I am enjoying the mental discipline of it, and actually except for breakfast and the no milk in my tea bit am really enjoying the meals. I am making these delicious salads with chicken and puy lentils, tomatoes, veg (various kinds) salad leaves and lots of homemade french dressing. Or chicken noodle soup without the noodles. Breakfast is a bit rank though. I miss my porridge. The other thing I kind a like is how 'treat day' turns the everyday into this massive pleasure. I am so enjoying a bowl of shreddies. Bananas are almost too sweet! Orange juice is nectar, Ketchup is divine! Its kind of nice.
RIght then. BED TiME
1 comment:
Hey my lovely, how are you doing? So sorry its been a while - things have been up and down like crazy since I saw you at the DWYL retreat. The 4 hour body diet and yoga both sound fab!
Louise xx
(p.s. im signed into blogger, but my new site is at louisegale.com)
Post a Comment