Monday, 15 August 2011

monday 15 August. Day 2

I did LOADS of receipts today while I was working at the gallery.  Its a mountain to climb, but Hub's 2011 are nearly utterly done, and some of 2012 are done as well. If I get to work there again on Wednesday then I reckon I could enter most of mine too. I will feel twenty tonnes lighter when this task is ticked off my list.  Not only that but the plan is that I am going to keep a bit more on top of it in future so it never gets to be this monumentally challenging.  ooof.

I rang my friend Piers Gibbon to discuss how to sell People Who Do.  He hadn't sold his consultancy skills as it happened, but was aware of GTD having been done himself.  And had some splendid ideas.   TICK

Am continuing to gather 'things that bother me, that I have agreed (even with myself) to do, stuff I need to do, projects unfinished etc etc' for processing on Thursday.  My day of 'being done'.....

I am starting to be more aware of making commitments (100 days of small ways to improve my life? Agreeing to liaise and co motivate Swirly Girl e.g) Have written both these things down on my list. 

Oh yes, and blog regularly, and learn how google+ and linkedin work.    ooof again. 

4 comments:

Caroline said...

How can you already have receipts for 2012?

SwirlyGirl said...

Looking forward to more blog posts and the outcome of you "being done" on Thursday!
Well done with your progress on the receipts!

HowtoBEaCOOLoldLady said...

CAroline, because my self employed year ends on 30th april, am effectively 2 years behind when doing receipts / accounts. tis damn complicated and am very confused by it. I have receipts I can put into my 2013 accounts already. but even for normal folk receipts for 2012 accounts are anything past april 5th 2011. we are in 2012 accounting year now.

Anonymous said...

Oh OK, I see what you mean. We do it the opposite way, which is why I'm confused, i.e. we do our accounts for tax year which has ended Apr this year, next Jan. So I do it behind whereas you do it in front. I think! So while you're forging ahead with 2013, I'm not even sorted for 2011 yet LOL!!