Of note today
Just been paid in cash. woohoo
Just watched a documentary about Steve Jobs. Billionaire Hippy. I like that. I mean, I'd like to be a billionaire hippy. Or even just a millionaire Hippy. That'd do.
And I like a bit of inspirational too, such as "your time is limited, don't waste it living someone else's life". Or 'Focus and Simplicity is really hard but when you get it, you can move mountains" or even 'design is not what it looks like, its how it works' yup all the Steve Jobs Think Different sort of stuff. It all appeals to me. Am totally sucked in to the whole Think Different philosophy.
At work, market research stuff, about bladder weakness, listening to all these women who were suffering from "stress incontinence" i.e. when you cough or sneeze and so on, most of whom would rather wear pantyliners every day forever than do their pelvic floor exercises.........wake up call, ladies....1 in 4 get it at some point, especially after children. Use it or lose it! See here for some examples of what to do. (scuse me while I clench!)
Bub got his 'learning journey' report today. I haven't seen him for 2 days. This isn't a good thing, but I am very much looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. He made fudge for Christmas presents with his daddy today and squashed cans for the recycling. Preschool basically love him, but confess he can be extremely stubborn. erm yes, we have noticed!! Not throwing tantrums or what have you, just plain stubborn.
OK I need to get some sleep now. Sleep is very very very important. As is clenching. Night Night!
2 comments:
Wow a post involving pelvic floor exercises! Kudos to you! It's so important and something LOTS of us forget to do... One of the things that can be of real benefit to our well being. Different to -but like- yoga, meditation etc - these things COST NOTHING (unlike panty liners which also end up in landfills!) but can be incredibly beneficial!!! Thanks for reminding me of this :-)
Steve Jobs - inspiring man but to be honest I was actually staggered by the response to his death, and a little disappointed (she says typing on her WONDERFUL macbook ;-) ... One thing I don't like about him, is Mac's involvement in the fetishisation of material objects - fuelling the desire to always have the LATEST most UP-TO-DATE thing. Discard the old, chuck it away! SO damaging to the environment - and our wellbeing if we can't afford what we desire! Build Macs to last I say! The semiprecious(?) metals that are in computers are running out!!! That's a fact! I didn't hear this criticism of him round the time of his death but as a creative *billionaire!* with such a massive impact on people and planet he really does deserve to face some criticism! I do have a lot of good things to say about mac too but I've probably gone on enough!
Sorry thats a very long comment..and a bit ranty!
:-) Dee
nope you are right about that, Dee. And in the end Apple is not exactly the same as 'thinking different' is it. good points.
Post a Comment