Sunday, 22 April 2012

Here in the shop

Its another day in the shop. My 4th this week. Good for income. But not good for Hub who is now feeling sick and wants to go to bed instead of being in charge of a 4 yr old.

I have been working a lot this week. It's been very good to get back in the saddle again. And we need the cash too. Dear me, it will be good when Hub finally gets paid all that he is owed. We are right up against all the overdrafts we can muster.

The great news is, I am ready to deliver AP for People Who Do and even better is that they have got some work that is truly extremely exciting. It's about mixing it up at a big company to re engage the workforce. Using properly random and interesting techniques. Like Keri Smiths book, 'How to be an Explorer of the World' is a working reference book for it. And Tim Smit type ideas are getting implemented. Very cool stuff. Works in progress! So excited by that.

Yoga is what is really trailing behind. My asana practice has been, for health reasons, non existent for several months. I feel terribly behind physically. I have been doing meditation and study instead, but even so. I really want to be doing that again, and for a while too. And still am not quite right, physically. But I need to start, gently, with that. And catch up with my homeworks.

With regard to HSHB. I am starting again and going through it for the next couple of months with specific regard to my portrait business, and improving how that functions. I have an accountability partner in Ruthie Collins and I am really looking forward to working with her to keep us both on track.

Lastly I want okay how fabulous the HSHB community has been for me over the last few weeks especially. A totally soulful, supportive, kind and generous bunch. It's been emotional!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your corporate training session sounds a bit like the 360wisdom courses we did. It was excellent, really changed your perspective. I imagine that our trainer enjoyed it too as she has invited us all round for Christmas dinner!
I am sure it has done your husband the world of good to be spending a bit of time with Bub. Lol.

SwirlyGirl said...

Pleased to read you are feeling better and enjoying getting back into your routine. Great news on your work with People Who Do! sounds really interesting, you will have to keep your readership posted on that :)