Thursday, 11 August 2016

People are GOOD

So - as you know, I have been trying to avoid FB lately.  I have snuck back on here and there, because, its hard not to, but generally my time is not wasted there too much these days.  I left because I was fed up with the world, and politics, and brexit.  And posts about it, or other bad news.  But today I did sneak on to have a look, and there a little video stuck out, I am definitely trying not to spend time looking at stuff, but because the title was PEOPLE ARE GOOD, I was drawn in.  Luckily it was about the goodness of the world.  I love this guy's 'simple idea' that people are good and the world is a good place.  How simple is that!?  Anyways, here it is, because its rather a good message I think. 



And its a story I prefer.  I can be, despite the perkiness of my posts sometimes, somewhat beleaguerd by doom laden thoughts, (one such thought is that  - "I am not being ' authentic' by just writing about positive things '  for example) but you know,   if I do think about it, which i try not to, I still feel deeply saddened by the whole Brexit thing.  Proper low.  And it compounds with other stuff in the world (Trump, anyone? - funny not funny) .  And there is..........a whole heap of things, that I don't want to go into  - because writing them down just gives them weight and...... what is the point of that.  ....   So I am not going there.  Instead I am going to choose the story that  People are Good and the World is Good.  This is  the story I am choosing.  Because (mostly) I do think its true.  And I am choosing to look at the good stuff.  So there!!

No comments: