Monday, 3 April 2017

Monday Reflection. April 3rd. 2017

Ah.  had a little blip in terms of reflecting and the Miracle Mornings and all.  On Saturday, I had a lie in, because I knew I was going to have a late night. And on Sunday I had a big lie in, because I did have a late night.

Its alright, am back at it today.  Had an early night last night and got up at 6am today.  It felt GOOOOOD to do that.

So, lots has happened.

I don't remember Friday evening.  But on Saturday I went to London to lead some Wild Art Journaling at an event run by Roxy Alamouti.  It was just so fabulous.  Firstly the effort, attention to detail and the beautiful setting was incredible.  The place was lit my so many candles, there was incredible incense, the centre piece being a circle of cushions with beautiful eye masks and a mandala.
 
We began with tea, then Roxy lead a truly wonderful meditation using the chakras as a guide, with amazing affirmations throughout.  We then had aloe and lime shots as appetisers, followed by an amazing spread "eating the rainbow" of vegan and gluten free food.
 
After that I set up Wild Art Journaling and lead a session, loosely based on the chakras too.
 
After this we had some home made chocolates and teas.

Finally we were blessed with a crystal sound bath, relaxing with lavender eye pillows.

Truly an evening of sumptuous self feminine care.  I utterly felt like a goddess!!

I had to drive back home afterwards, which was exhausting, but all so very worth it.  I love my wordk - I love who I get to hang out with and work with!!

Yesterday, Bub and I went to Saddlescomb Farm in the South Downs.  Its amazing! I have never been there before, and  - i guess the PERFECT spring weather really helped, but its stunningly beautiful.
 
My son's year at school had an art exhibtion on, (they had been up there recently on a school trip and made the art) but there was also a myriad of activities, like whittling wood, making clay pots, bowling with hand whittled bowling balls, planting sunflowers, making bird boxes.....
 
Also it was lambing season, so we saw many many newly born lambs, and most spectacularly, we saw an ewe give birth to two lambs, and talked through it by the farmer and farm hands, like how and why they helped the second lamb out, and why they put iodine on the umbilical cords, where the sheep liked to give birth, how they learned to mother their babies.  Oh it was amazing!
 
We had a picnic in the hot spring sun, a cup of tea at the cafe.

Then we went for a walk up near Devils Dyke.  It was spectacular.  All with daisys, aconites and dandelions speckling the bright green new grass, and the bright blue sky with fluffy white clouds.
 
Finally we rode in a tractor trailer and had another farmer tells us about the land and the history, of the land and the farming, and also what the current owners were doing in terms of conservation.
 
It was like a perfect spring day out.  And because year 4 of St Lukes had their art exhibition on, so many of Bub's mates and their families were there too.  So much fun.

So, yes, today I am feeling utterly lucky to be alive and living the life I am living.

On a Could Do Better note, I am grappling with an issue that may be internal (my projections) or may be true (external to me) probably a little bit of both.  I need to learn to let go of something.  I am annoyed that someone I contacted hasn't gotten back to me.  And the implication of that is, that - I am not a high priority for them.  Which of course is their perogative.  But I am a little hurt and feel dismissed.  So I am working on letting go of that.  And letting go of trying to contact them again.  Or at least trying not to care so much.  Hurt pride I guess is what it is.  So figuring that out.  Luckily i have a coaching call later, so that will help get some perspective too.  I think I am learning already the need to let it go and refocus on what I am doing.  Cant' control bloody other people eh!!

Today I need to crack on with sorting the house out.  I also have a task this week which is to mail out to everyone my dates for Wild Art Journaling.  I also have to figure out how to deliver the new "Prioritisation" module.  Its not entirely new, but it needs some tweaking to fit a slightly different objective.

Other news is that my brother's band, Snapped Ankles are signed to a super cool record label and have a new single out and an album deal ( I think they have nearly made the album?)  They are getting lots of press and plays.  Recently they were played in Australia.  (see here) and I am very proud and happy for him.

Our kitchen is done, not quite dusted, and the floor is still to do, but major progress.  Feeling good.  Good progress on the beautiful home project.

Someone wants our old fridge, so that is going today. And there is a lot of work to do in the back bedroom.  So cracking on.

Namaste! (am hoping to swing back round and inset pictures from my phone)


2 comments:

WrightStuff said...

I'm one of those people that reads "someone didn't get back to me" and immediately thinks it's them... Although I have no reason to actually believe it's me, because I'm pretty certain I haven't said I'd get back to you about anything.... but if it is... then I'm really sorry!!

How daft is that? Why do we do that?

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading what you'd been up to - especially about the lambs and the art jounaling!"

WrightStuff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.