I have just managed to put away the most enormous online grocery shop ever. I think I went a bit mad. I don't reckon we will be needing to buy loo roll or bin bags for the next 6 months. At least I hope not! I have to say that our cupboards were pretty bare and it is Christmas coming so there were things I bought that I wouldn't normally.....
Things are going pretty well in our house at the moment. I am busy and bringing in some money which I love, as well the fact that I am totally avoiding getting a 'job'. Nothing I do feels like work as such. I don't have to get up and put on some hideous work outfit or commute at too early o clock to far away along with lots and lots of other folk. I am indeed lucky.
I did some facepainting at the weekend and it reminded me just how much I love doing it. I did this brilliant course with a professional face painter called Nam Nam and she taught me some pretty cool techniques and, I think most importantly, she taught me to use glitter. It just gives any old face a magical glimmer! My plan is, to get some cards made up (using my Photoshop Elements, that I am getting for Christmas) and, in the summer, go to Hove where all the yummy mummies live, and do free face painting in the park and give my cards away to advertise how good I am at it. I think that weekend facepainter would be an ace part time job to have.
In the mean time I am recruiting for Hub and so far its going well. Its always slightly nerve wracking - firstly finding all the folk who fit the bill, then making sure that they can come and will turn up, and then making sure the venue is free and suitable..... its not that its hard, its just I am generally doing other things at the same time so concentration time is low. And then just hoping that they are not nutters or won't talk or don't understand and actually the wrong kind of person etc etc.... I always breathe a sigh of relief afterwards - at least I do when it has gone well! But its about £500 worth of work I am doing..... and another half day in the gallery this Wednesday and hopefully E will like the drawing I did of O and H on Friday. Am rather behind on Christmas however! At least we have the tree up now..... it looks so lovely in the sitting room. And its the last playgroup before Christmas tomorrow - already! I can't believe how time has flown this year.
I took Bub along to the nursery he is going to today. It was just a taster session. He seemed to love it, and it was quite hard to get him to leave. Hopefully he will love it there. Its a nice small one, I like it. I met another one of the mum's there and she seemed really nice. And one of the nursery workers seemed to really take a big shine to Bub (always a winner for me!) plus she raved about how fabulous the local school is. Its good to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment