I just wrote this on a comment. I guess it made me think a little. And here it is.
I wished for another one, but I guess at one point I didn't think I would get any, so to have one child at all is a blessing. I have one beautiful healthy boy. He is called Theodore, which means "Gift of God" and he is my blessing. He is also so named for another reason. When he was inside and we did not know he was a boy. We nick named him, "Little Bear". On the plane to my brother's wedding when I was pregnant we watched "Night at the Museum" too many times (17 hours of flight - and its not a film I love! at all). And my husband, when thinking of a name was prone to listing lists of names and had gotten to lists of American Presidents. When he got to Theodore Rooseveldt, I recalled the film and Robin Williams being Theodore Rooseveldt in it. Theodore Rooseveldt was quite a guy. He was brave, and fair and most importantly (to me!) he once famously saved the life of a Little Bear and as such, Teddy Bears were named after him and became popular toys. Our son (Bub) is called Ted, after the Little Bear after Theodore Rooseveldt.
I love naming stories. I do still have names in my head, just in case we are blessed with another child. But I must always remember how blessed I am to have our own, Little Bear, Gift of God.
3 comments:
He is beautiful and you are blessed. When i was pregnant the second time I felt almost guilty that I was messing with the perfection of our little group of three but of course once we had Jamal we know we were meant to be a group of four. Hormones play tricks on you and your feelings but you have Ted and thats what matters.
such a cute wee boy! you are so blessed :) xx
Lovely, name, story and photos! Funnily enough, Theo and Ted (though short for Edward) were in our top three if we had had a boy! I know what Lizzie means about the feeling of messing with things. I was really stressed out by the stats we got for Downs Syndrome and was so relieved that Baby is okay. I almost feel like I would be asking for too much to have a second. Funny the things we Mums end up thinking...
Post a Comment