Wednesday, 5 October 2011

How to be OK with Not doing something. Oh and trip to London.... more of that later

My 2 practice session ladies have got back to me.  I love getting these messages, about how things that have been dangling for years being annoying, are now ticked of the list.....

For J, she has sorted the headboard in the guest room and vac packed a whole load of clothes to go to the loft to get rid of a chest of drawers she hates, that and getting the curtain pole sorted in the bathroom at last.

But I also heard back from M, who left me saying she felt overwhelmed by the amount she had to to do. The whole 'overwhelm' thing - well, what I do is meant to help with that.  I certainly felt light and clear afterwards, as did J.  She said things like 'everything is doable' where as M did not.  She seemed more overwhelmed than before.  I was a bit concerned.  But I got a text saying that she LOVED her little black book and was flying through stuff.   She didn't do 2 things that were in her diary to do.  I made sure that she rescheduled them.  Theory is this.  If someone arranges to meet you, say, on Thursday, for lunch.  And they don't show up.  It pisses you off right? Its rude and annoying and you are cross with them for letting you down.  However, if they call on Wednesday and say, Sorry, something has come up, can we rearrange.  It may be a bit annoying, but its OK.  Shit happens, right?  SO Same goes for an arrangement you make with yourself. If you just blow yourself out, you end up pissing yourself off, and getting angry, and its all wasted energy.  But if, you reschedule whatever it is.  That's OK. You are making a decision.  Its a conscious act and you are still responsible and feel in control. 

Its all about feeling just as OK with what you are NOT doing as with what you are doing. 

I also had follow up from PWD re how my second training went, and basically a lot of what I talked about with M was part of another workshop they do about planning.  I feel kind of able to cope with that too then.  AP (accelerated productivity) is about the stuff that can get in the way of proper planning.  It clears the way, it clears your mental pathways too.  Its a declutter. 

Oh its late.  Grandparents (Hub's mum and her husband) are staying in Brighton and were here this evening.  I Have drunk again!  ooops hic!  And an early start tomorrow too.  Oh and here I am wittering away into cyberspace!!

And I haven't even mentioned where I went last night!  I have to say that I am certainly managing my Artists Dates these days.  I took myself off to London last night to go to the BFI.  Yes, very cultural.  Get me.  My friend Ellie has curated a season of films by the late Maya Deren.   It was pretty cool. 

1 comment:

Amelia said...

well, it all sounds very interesting and liberating - can't wait! And finally I get to click on your message name link and get to your site! Yay! Love the new look :)

Thanks for stopping by and yes, getting cultural down at the South Bank def sounds good . . . . I aim for more of this when I can walk around a bit more *sigh*!!!

Amelia.x