So today we piled through £29.50. Despite wanting to avoid the supermarkets I was lured back into Sainsburys because I had £3.49 to spend for free. Of course I over shopped and spent a total £40 ish but I pretty much stuck to the list. And I used my voucher and my nectar points and got away with spending only £27. Hub's eldest son is coming over tomorrow and he eats a lot. We are also going to buy a chicken from the butchers tomorrow. I actually felt really crap buying sausages at the supermarket! But it did feel tricky to make two trips out. I am going to see how long we can manage before we have to go back there again.
I have started a project from Andrea Sher's Superhero blog. I have a gratitude buddy (you know who you are ;) Everyday we are to email each other at least 3 things we are grateful for.
Post Christmas I had slipped into a rather negative spiral. And was looking at the world inwhat was missing kind of way. Being grumpy because things are not how they 'should' be doesn't help anyone.
Not that I am going to avoid tackling some of the issues that need tackling. Am on that case I can assure you.
x
2 comments:
Nothing like visitors to throw a spanner in the food budget! I enjoy your tracking updates, they help me to get motivated to get "back on track". I love the idea of moving away from the supermarket, unfortunately where I live, we don't have a single green grocer in town. (having said that, the indoor market sells fruit and veg but it's just not the same quality as Sainsburys). I hear you on the grumpy front, I did some of that myself after Christmas - a bit of shared reality is nice ;o) x
i started the gratitude buddy thing, isn't it such a great idea!? i proper love andrea, she's ace!
Post a Comment