Ah, today we went to the garden centre. Our Christmas tree (called Shabby Davy Dexter - we seem to name everything in this house.....) is a pot grown wee beastie. We bought him last year, then popped him in the garden til this year. He came in again and looked a bit even more shabby than he did when we bought him. We decided that perhaps he needed repotting into a bigger pot. So off we went to buy a pot and some more compost for it. That cost us £6.99. Hub really wanted to go to the cafe and he spent 7.10. And then, because - well its a long story - but I didn't really have food in for Hub for dinner (Ok I will explain, he was meant to be on his diet, but he has decided to start that on Sunday, after eldest son has gone. fair enough - so we are saving his diet food til then) So he plumped for fish and chips..... so £6.95. AS of next week were are doing a strict amount each for personal spending. I guess I am a mean o frugalista, but as of next week fish and chips is not from the food budget!!
Shabby Davy Dexter does look a lot happier in his new pot. I hope he likes it and grows big and strong.
Eldest son is arriving tonight and we are all looking forward to seeing him.
No comments:
Post a Comment