WEll, my year has taken a while to get going. I am still pretty much deaf in one ear, which is a most unusual and slightly isolating experience. But I am fired up now. Yesterday I made a life aim. I am going to be a yoga teacher when I am 70. I have plenty of time to pull it off I guess, but I went to my class yesterday. It was fantastic to get back on the mat and I felt fabulous afterwards. And I also spoke to Jim who runs the classes as well as the teacher training I am interested in doing. I am now composing my letter of interest..... I expect I will need to complete the minimum requirement of one year's regular practice with Vajrasati Yoga. But its great to be on a path that is too big for me to imagine being able to finish. Its a mountain I am starting to climb and it feels very right..
Another thing I have started doing again is my morning pages. And kind of out of that, I am taking up the returners offer from Amelia and doing the Experimental Art e-course again. The first time I signed up for it, life got in the way and I fell behind and felt I really didn't give it a proper go.
Not this time, NO WAY JOSE! I am going for it.
I love the whole premise of the course, which is to get experimenting and creating outside of the ways you may habitually turn to, hence expanding your range, and also injecting back in the joy of playful experimentation, pure joy in creating.
In September I was looking after my son full time and also, not unpleasantly I was offered a surprise holiday for free, which I took with glee, but really missed out of much of the course. This time Bub is at nursery for 15 hours a week. And while i do still have other stuff to do...... oh my I have more time....
The first assignment is up this week - so for anyone thinking about it - come and join me - its only just started - I love Amelia's style and energy (check out her brilliant arty blog 101 bird tales) and I can whole heartedly recommend her e courses to anyone who might be wavering at the edge of their decisions.... Jump in with me!
She says its just one assigment, to be honest you could, if you wanted spend 6 weeks doing this first one. There is so much to it. So I am sure that she won't mind I share this little part of it. I did some of the other parts last time so this time I am picking out this (and more if I can manage it....... Its part of the assignment one; creating a WILD SKETCH book (how cool is that?)
create a smoke scene: collage a small house from a magazine at the bottom of the page and above it do billowing smoke effects playing with graphite, pencil, charcoal, white chalk, inks etc, including finger-smudges, drawn swirls, waxy loops - greaseproof paper or tracing paper is great for this one!
So as you can see, as the fog of illness is clearing I am raring to head off into 2011. I shall be keeping you posted on my Yoga exploits as well as sharing some of my Experimental Creations!! I am POETRY IN MOTION!!
xxx

1 comment:
You go girl, a yoga teacher, that is exciting x
Post a Comment